Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A daily rant

Today's rant -- I know that I should prepare for this time of year and be patient with all those spirited souls at the gym who are seeking to lose a little weight or get in shape as part of a new year's resolution. But really, do you have to take over all the damn machines? I guess I need to calm down and look forward to next month when all those diet/get in shape for the new year folks will fizzle out of the gym and go back to their old habits.

Last Friday's rant -- I got a message from a local photographer as part of a distribution list through Constant Contact. I was on her list because I had ordered photographs from her in the past. So what hacked me off about this? The e-mail solicitation that was sent to me had nothing to do with photography, rather, it was for her other business selling Arbonne products. Is it just me, or is this really unprofessional?

By the way, Arbonne is annoying. I can think of 50 people in my city who sale the stuff. If I want some products, I will call. Please leave me alone.

Yesterday's rant -- Um, Officer who gave me a ticket yesterday for an expired licence plate while I was on my way to renew, could you have been a little less understanding? Hey, I know you are doing your job and all, but you could of sympathized with me a little. I know your job must suck on the city salary you are drawing, but show a bit of compassion please. Be happy you have a job in this economy.

OK, feel a little better now. Thanks -- back to dreaming of Mexico.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on those first two rants.
I have started going to the gym at 8pm to avoid some of the crowd.

That Chick Over There said...

I go to the gym right after work and it seems less crowded then.

I try to be kind about it...I was a newbie once too. :) And I still have a long way to go and hopefully those folks will stick around. :)