
If anyone has a great hobby that takes about four to five hours at a time and does not involve children or doing anything for your children or family, will you let me know? I need a new hobby that allows me to escape from it all for about ten hours every weekend. Like many of you ladies out there, I too am a golf widow/mom in great need of me time.
Don't know about you ladies, but when I have a spare couple of hours, why do I spend my time either A.) preparing meals to keep my family nourished, B.) shopping for the family including food, other necessities and clothing, and C.) reading books about raising families, etc.?
It's time we form a coup and overthrow our golf playing spouses. Any ladies up for card night where we can drink wine and have a great time away from the fam? That was one suggestion. If anyone has any others, I would love to hear from you.
Oh, while I am at it....question: why do non-working moms, whose kids are in school full-time, not have time to prepare meals for potlucks? I noticed this weekend at our tailgate party that all the homemade items were brought by full time working moms, while the other ladies who look so damn cute in their designer jeans and matching accessories (because they have time to exercise daily and get facials) always bring something from the store. What is even more annoying about this is that they have the nerve to keep their dish in the store bought container. Oh what would Martha think?
Thanks for letting me vent. I think that I may be feeling a little bit better.
Don't know about you ladies, but when I have a spare couple of hours, why do I spend my time either A.) preparing meals to keep my family nourished, B.) shopping for the family including food, other necessities and clothing, and C.) reading books about raising families, etc.?
It's time we form a coup and overthrow our golf playing spouses. Any ladies up for card night where we can drink wine and have a great time away from the fam? That was one suggestion. If anyone has any others, I would love to hear from you.
Oh, while I am at it....question: why do non-working moms, whose kids are in school full-time, not have time to prepare meals for potlucks? I noticed this weekend at our tailgate party that all the homemade items were brought by full time working moms, while the other ladies who look so damn cute in their designer jeans and matching accessories (because they have time to exercise daily and get facials) always bring something from the store. What is even more annoying about this is that they have the nerve to keep their dish in the store bought container. Oh what would Martha think?
Thanks for letting me vent. I think that I may be feeling a little bit better.

3 comments:
I feel your pain! I love the idea of cards and wine. OR maybe just wine. :) Call me anytime!!
I'm in!
Name the time/place!
Forwarding your story to Sean... Count me in on the wine - cards are optional!
Post a Comment