Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Football

So I need 16 points to be scored by Jamal Lewis tonight in order to win this week's fantasy football match up and I am probably the only person playing fantasy football who has no clue who Jamal Lewis is other than the fact he plays for the Browns and was acquitted of drug charges.

What's the big deal with this fantasy sport that makes it so much fun? I don't really know. Perhaps if there was more money at stake, I might care a little more. Really the only reason why I joined the league was to learn a bit more about the NFL and hopefully be able to hold a conversation with the guys in the office -- wait a second, the guys in my office don't really watch sports. I guess that I was hoping to have one more thing to discuss with my husband, although, we rarely talk about the NFL.

You know what my real fantasy is with this football game? It's wishing that my dear husband wins lots of money playing so I can go out and treat myself to a day of shopping.

No comments: